A reliable, cost-effective communication system is crucial for success in today’s fast-paced business world. Customers expect quicker response times, with 73 percent saying fast resolutions are the top component of a good customer experience experience. Businesses are reevaluating their communications solutions to keep up with increasing customer expectations and improving employee experience to deliver better customer experience. As organizations shift away from traditional phone systems, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) providers have emerged as the go-to solution for business communications. However, with the vast number of VoIP providers in the market, selecting the right one is essential to your business’s success.
One of the critical factors in making this decision is choosing a provider that is easy to do business with. Your VoIP provider should make your life easier, not harder. A provider who is challenging to deal with can slow you down and drag you into details you shouldn’t be involved with. This blog post outlines several vital factors to help you partner with a provider who will help your business and not waste your time.
What Makes a VoIP Provider Easy to Work With?
A VoIP provider that is easy to do business with will possess the following characteristics:
They Present Your Options Up Front
A VoIP provider should present all available options and features at the beginning of your relationship, ensuring you understand what the provider offers. Then you can make informed decisions about the services that best suit your organization’s needs. Options can include:
- Plan Options: Your provider should clearly outline the different plans they offer, including pricing, features, and any usage limitations, allowing you to select the plan that best aligns with your business requirements and budget.
- Feature Overview: A thorough explanation of the features and functionalities included in the service should be given to you by your provider. By knowing the capabilities of their system, you can choose the features that are most helpful to your organization.
- Integration Possibilities: Your VoIP provider should present you with information about the various integrations they support, such as CRM systems, collaboration platforms, or other business tools, allowing you to understand how their VoIP solution can seamlessly integrate into your existing workflows and technology ecosystem.
- Customization and Add-ons: You should be informed of any customization options and add-on services your provider offers and how they will enable you to tailor your communication system to your organization’s unique needs and preferences.
- Contract Terms and Conditions: Your provider should communicate the terms and conditions of their service agreement, including any commitments, cancellation policies, or penalties, so you are fully aware of your contractual obligations and can make an informed decision about partnering with the provider.
They Have a Straightforward Onboarding Process
A VoIP provider that is easy to do business with should offer a simple and efficient onboarding process, making it easy for companies to get started with their VoIP system. Onboarding should include the following:
- Clear Documentation: Your provider should give you comprehensive documentation, including user guides, setup manuals, and FAQs to help you navigate the setup process and understand the various features and functionalities of the VoIP system.
- Step-by-Step Guidance: Your VoIP provider should offer step-by-step instructions and guidance during the implementation process, assisting your team in configuring the system according to your organization’s specific needs and requirements.
- Dedicated Support Agent: A dedicated support representative or implementation specialist should be assigned to assist you throughout the onboarding process, ensuring that you have a single point of contact who is familiar with your organization’s needs and can provide personalized assistance.
- Training Resources: Your provider should offer training, such as webinars, tutorials, or personalized training sessions, to ensure your team is well-equipped to utilize the system effectively.
- Post-Onboarding Support: Ongoing support and communication should be provided after the onboarding process is completed, ensuring that any issues or questions are addressed promptly, and your organization can continue to make the most of your new VoIP system.
They Have Responsive customer experience and Support
An easy-to-work-with VoIP provider should have a dedicated and knowledgeable customer support team readily available to assist with any questions or issues. Responsive customer support is crucial for maintaining smooth and uninterrupted communication within your organization. Important aspects include:
- Multiple Support Channels: The provider should offer various channels for support, such as phone, live chat, email, text, or instant message, making it convenient for your team to reach out for help in the manner that best suits them.
- Timely Resolutions: The support team should be committed to promptly and effectively resolving any issues or concerns, minimizing downtime, and ensuring that your organization’s communication remains uninterrupted.
- Knowledgeable Staff: The customer support team should be well-trained and knowledgeable about the VoIP system and able to provide accurate and helpful information to address any questions or concerns that may arise.
- Proactive Support: The provider should actively monitor your communication system’s performance and reach out to you if they identify any potential issues or areas for improvement, ensuring that your VoIP system remains optimized and efficient.
- Ongoing Assistance: Support and communication should be maintained by the provider to quickly address any new issues, feature updates, or questions that arise, so your organization can continue to make the most of the VoIP system.
Selecting the right VoIP provider can significantly impact your business’s communication efficiency, productivity, and success. To ensure that your VoIP provider is an asset rather than a liability, focus on partnering with one that is easy to work with — who presents your options up front, offers a straightforward onboarding process, and provides responsive customer experience and support. By considering these factors, you can choose a provider that simplifies your business communications, seamlessly integrates into your existing workflows, and enables you to unlock the full potential of VoIP technology. A reliable and easy-to-work-with VoIP provider will ultimately empower your organization to thrive in today’s competitive business landscape.
So where can you find a VoIP provider that’s a true asset to your organization?
Real users on G2.com voted Crexendo the #1 “Easiest To Do Business With” VoIP Provider*
If you’re looking for a VoIP provider that’s easy to work with, check out our G2 reviews. Our customers give us a 99% rating for Ease of Doing Business With, ratings of 95% or above across six other customer satisfaction categories, and a rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars overall. That’s higher than any of our competitors by far.
Make your search for a new VoIP provider easy — give the Crexendo® VIP™ cloud platform for business communications a try. Schedule a free demo today!
* Crexendo was rated #1 against RingCentral, 8×8, Vonage, Nextiva, Dialpad, GoTo, and Ooma in each satisfaction rating category shown by real, verified customers in the Winter 2023 Grid Report for VoIP on G2.com, the leading business software review website.