Considering the ongoing events of COVID-19, and when we consider all other major disasters that the world has recovered from over the last several years, business continuity and the ability to transition in and out of a physical office is more important than ever. We are all excited that the country is slowly starting to head back to work, so it’s a good idea to be prepared for it. We want to help you be ready for the move back with some useful tips and also remind you that we’re here to help make the transition as easy as possible.
Not a Crexendo customer yet?
We’d love to show you how we can make this process seamless for you and help you be prepared for the future. We not only help our customers work from anywhere, but we also focus on cutting telecom costs and improving efficiency and customer satisfaction. It’s super easy to get you a free personalized quote, and we would be happy to walk you through the painless transition steps so you’re ready for anything. Get Started Here!
If you are already a Crexendo customer, here are some tips to get ready for the move back.
1) Let’s start with your desk phones.
- Bring your desk phone back to the office and simply connect it to the internet and to power, either with the adapter or with PoE (Power over Ethernet) if your network jack has PoE.
- To find out if you have PoE: plug in the internet cable, leave the power adapter unplugged, and if the phone screen still illuminates, you have PoE.
- Otherwise use the included adapter.
**Warning, using the wrong power adapter can damage your phone and void the warranty. If you need help, call support at 855-211-2255.
2) As for your softphone (on your computer, phone or tablet), just bring your device(s) in with you to the office. Softphones just need internet connectivity to work!
3) Next, setting up office call routing again. If you changed your call routing system when you transitioned to home offices, you can change the routing back.
4) Alert your phone system administrator to change the 911 address on your phones back to your office address (assuming they changed it to your home address when you took your phone home).
Finally, if you took advantage of the two free months of our web collaboration tool, CrexConnexe, you can continue using it for only $12 a license per month! If you no longer want to use it, simply email a cancellation notice to your account rep.
We’re happy to be able to offer you the tools you need to you work anywhere, seamlessly. We hope you find this useful, and even if you’re not already working in the cloud today, we’d be happy to take you through a demo and get you setup as soon as possible. Call us today (602) 714-8500 or get a free quote below!