Prescription Eyeglasses, Sunglasses, and Contacts
In today’s world of advanced technology and medical procedures, we are lucky to have the tools necessary to be able to improve our vision. These tools include the use of prescription contact lenses and eyeglasses. At the office of Dr. Doiron, we offer a variety of products to fit your optical and style needs. The frames and lenses we carry are priced to fit any budget, from package deals to designer frames and high-end customized progressives.
Many Affordable Eyeglass Options
We offer a wide selection of lenses to meet the needs of our patients because no one has the same budget or lifestyle. Here are a few lens options we offer:
- Polycarbonate and Trivex lenses are impact and scratch resistant. The durability of these lens materials make them great options for kids and adults with active lifestyles.
- High Index lenses are thinner and lighter weight than conventional plastic lenses, which is optimal for higher prescriptions.
- Anti-Reflective Coating eliminates reflections off the surface of lenses. This coating reduces the star-burst, double light and halo effects experienced during night driving as well as eye fatigue caused by computer use and fluorescent lights.
- Photochromic lenses are clear while indoors and become tinted when outside. They also protect against harmful UV rays, and they are available in any type of material.
- Bifocal and Trifocal lenses contain either two or three segments that correct for distance, reading and/or intermediate.
- Progressive Addition lenses are a type of bifocal lens where the prescription gradually changes from the top to the bottom, eliminating the lined segment. There are many progressive designs which range from conventional to digital free-form.
- Polarized sunglass lenses eliminate glare caused by light reflecting off of surfaces like glass, water and snow. These lenses are great for individuals who spend most of their time driving or on the water.
Even though your lenses are the part that corrects your vision, your frame is just as important. We offer a variety of frames to fit any style or budget. Some frame options we carry are:
- Memory Metal frames are made from a titanium alloy which makes them extremely flexable. These frames are great for kids and adults with active lifestyles.
- Drilled Rimless frames consist of three pieces that are attached directly to the lenses. Because of their light weight, they are a favorite among people who don't want to feel like they are wearing glasses.
- Titanium and Stainless Steel frames are hypoalergenic and do not cause a reaction on individuals with metal allergies.
- Designer frame are popular among almost everyone. We carry designer brands including, Coach, Guess, Nine West, Swarovski, Fossil, Nautica, and many more.
Contact Lens Options
There are many contacts lenses available to accommodate most prescriptions. Contacts can correct for nearsighted, farsighted, astigmatism, and presbyopia. They are also made to fit different lifestyles for optimal convenience. Some contact lens options are:
- Daily Wear lenses can be worn for a single day. You put them in during the morning, and when you take them out, you just throw them away. No cleaning or special care is required.
- Two Week and Monthly lenses are worn during the day and taken out at night. Depending on the type, they are thrown out and replaced after two weeks or one month and require cleaning in a solution every day.
- Extended Wear lenses can be worn overnight up to the manufacturer's specifications. These lenses are usually replaced once a month.
- Conventional lenses are worn during the day and taken out at night. They generally last a year, but require special cleaning and disinfection.
For the best performance and safety of all contact lenses, always follow the procedures recommended by the doctor!
If you're interested in trying contact lenses, watch this video from ACUVUE to see how easy it can be.